Timer, ChronTrol (PRG-7362)
Because of their compact size and portability, the XT Table Top Timers are especially productive in scientific laboratories and other environments where quick and easy access to the keyboard and outputs is desirable.
ChronTrol Table Top timers give you pushbutton control of up to four independent circuits which can be used to operate electrical devices such as lights, valves, solenoids, pumps, motors, fans or other equipment.
With 20 independent On/Off programs – or up to 40 programs optional – you can exercise control right to the second, am and pm, every day of the week. Time settings are entered from the keyboard, with settings displayed on the digital clock during entry.
Any or all of the available programs can be applied to an individual output, so the On/Off sequencing can be as simple or as complex as you require.
• Twenty programs (optionally 40)
• 2 or 4 independent circuits, AC receptacles
• Up to 8 inputs for external activation
• Cycle times from 2 seconds to 1 year
• Separate On and Off time settings and Cycle times on each
• 6-digit display shows hours, minutes, and seconds
• Directly replaces multiple mechanical timers
• Tamper-resistant locking keyboard
• Program up to one year in advance
• Weekly cycle with day omission
• 9-volt battery backup keeps time 14 days during power outage
• Battery backup keeps time even during power outages
• 12- or 24-hour time readout with Countdown timer
• Easy to set and operate
• Serial interface for remote monitoring
20 ON/OFF PROGRAMS (40 OPTIONAL)
Assign up to 20 independent programs, each with independent On and Off times, in any combination to the (up to four) individual circuits. Settings are made to the second from the keyboard, with AM/PM selection. Each program has individual cycle length and day-of-the-week omission settings.
Any program can be set to repeat, or Cycle, anywhere from once every 2 seconds (1 second on, 1 second off) to once a year. This feature can be used to simulate photoperiodic variation (to adjust for daily changes in the times of sunrise and sunset) and for short interval repetitive operations.
Programmed operations can be selectively omitted on any day or days of the week, including holidays.
ChronTrol’s versatile calendar compensates for leap years and can be programmed for any number of holidays. On/Off programs may be set for specific dates.
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME
ChronTrol’s real-time clock moves forward or backward one hour at Daylight Saving Time, automatically.
ChronTrol’s display can be set to show, in hours, minutes and seconds, the time remaining until the occurrence of any of its programmed events.
• Audible Keyboard Entry Entries made through the front panel keyboard are acknowledged with an audible tone for each key.
• Next Program Program numbers can be assigned in any order, or ChronTrol will choose the next available program automatically.
• Cross-Review feature allows the user to find out immediately what program or programs control any given circuit.
Any circuit can be switched On or Off immediately without waiting for or disturbing programmed operations.
POWER FAIL PROTECTION
The time of day continues to operate, with crystal accuracy, during power failure. A nine-volt battery keeps the clock operating and protects the system memory to prevent the loss of stored programs. When power returns, all occurrences of On and Off events are accounted for, and outputs are switched to the proper positions for the current time, in sequence or all at once.
Timers equipped with inputs can perform timing sequences that are synchronized or triggered by contact closures, and they can switch circuits On and Off based on external conditions. As many as 8 inputs can be wired to detectors, pushbuttons, or automatic equipment through a convenient rear panel connector.
USE AS AN INTERVAL TIMER
Set up to 40 independent timing operations at once. Durations are set in hours, minutes and, if desired, seconds, from one second through one year. Timing intervals can be triggered and re-triggered through the keyboard, or by any of the 8 available inputs, or by other operational programs. Timing intervals can be set to repeat at any rate from two seconds (one second on, one second off) to one year.
All programming information and procedures can be accessed and performed via computer terminal through ChronTrol’s RS-232 serial communication port. Or, by attaching a modem to this port, programming can by performed remotely over the telephone to facilitate centralized control.
|Timer, ChronTrol (PRG-7362) - Options: Timer, Intervalometer